This site requires that javascript be enabled. Please configure your browser in the tools or configuration section.

MSDS
Region
All
Search

Certificate of Analysis
Lot
Search


A10533
Ammonium peroxydisulfate, 98%

CAS: 7727-54-0 MDL: MFCD00003390  EINECS: 231-786-5
UN#:UN1444Hazard Class:5.1Packing Group:III
Alternate Name: Ammonium persulfate

 

Pricing and Availability

Size ($) Price Your Price Quantity Options Availability
Please login or select country.


Chemical Properties

Formula: H8N2O8S2  Density: 1.982
Formula weight: 228.19  Refractive Index: 1.50
Melting point: 120° dec. Sensitivity: Moisture Sensitive
Flash point: None 

Literature References

In combination with AgNO3 and Cu(OAc)2, promotes a carbamoyl radical process for the conversion of oxalic acid monoamides to isocyanates: J. Org. Chem., 60, 5430 (1995).


Notes

Aqueous solution decomposes slowly at room temperature

Other References

Merck: 14,541
UN#: UN1444
Harmonized Tariff Code:   2833.40

GHS Hazard and Precautionary Statements

Hazard Statements : H334-H315-H319-H317-H272-H302-H335

May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. May intensify fire; oxidizer. Harmful if swallowed. May cause respiratory irritation.

Precautionary Statements : P221-P210-P285-P305+P351+P338-P405-P501A

Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.

OxidizingHarmful or IrritantHealth Hazard

Risk & Safety

Risk Phrases: 8-22-36/37/38-42/43
Contact with combustible material may cause fire. Harmful if swallowed. Irritating to eyes, respiratory system and skin. May cause sensitisation by inhalation and skin contact.
Safety Phrases: 22-24-26-37
Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with skin. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Wear suitable gloves.
Harmful Oxidizing
TSCA: Yes
RTECS: SE0350000