This site requires that javascript be enabled. Please configure your browser in the tools or configuration section.
2-Iodothiophene, 98%, stab. with copper - CAS 3437-95-4 - Formula C4H3IS


MSDS
Region
All
Search

Certificate of Analysis
Lot
Search


A12898
2-Iodothiophene, 98%, stab. with copper

CAS: 3437-95-4 MDL: MFCD00005424  EINECS: 222-342-1
Not regulated for shipping
Alternate Name: 2-Thienyl iodide

 

Pricing and Availability

Size ($) Price Your Price Quantity Options Availability
Please login or select country.


Chemical Properties

Formula: C4H3IS  Flash point: 71°(159°F)
Formula weight: 210.04  Density: 2.064
Melting point: -40° Refractive Index: 1.6520
Boiling point: 182° Sensitivity: Light Sensitive

Literature References

In contrast to 2-Bromothiophene, A11959 which requires a copper catalyst, reaction with a variety of thiols, including Thiophene-2-thiol, B22642 to give 2,2'-dithienyl sulfide, proceeds in high yield in the absence of catalyst, base or solvent: Tetrahedron Lett., 36, 8439 (1995).


Other References

Beilstein: 104666
Harmonized Tariff Code:   2934.99

GHS Hazard and Precautionary Statements

Hazard Statements : H301-H311-H332-H315-H319-H227

Toxic if swallowed. Toxic in contact with skin. Harmful if inhaled. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. Combustible liquid.

Precautionary Statements : P210-P301+P310-P305+P351+P338-P361-P405-P501A

Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.

Toxic

Risk & Safety

Risk Phrases: 20/21/22-36/38
Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed. Irritating to eyes and skin.
Safety Phrases: 26-36/37
In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Wear suitable protective clothing and gloves.
Harmful
TSCA: Yes