Mercury(II) chloride, 98+%
|UN#:||UN1624||Hazard Class:||6.1||Packing Group:||II|
|Alternate Name:||Mercuric chloride|
Pricing and Availability
|Size||($) Price||Your Price||Quantity||Options||Availability|
|Melting point:||280-282°||Refractive Index:||1.859|
Aromatic mercuration can be brought about by reaction with aryllithium compounds, e.g. from N,N-Diethylbenzamide, L08427: J. Org. Chem., 2728 (1988).
For a review of organomercurials in synthesis, see: Tetrahedron, 38, 1713 (1982).
Reagent for the cleavage of various sulfur compounds, such as dithioacetals; see 1,3-Dithiane, A10505.
|Harmonized Tariff Code:||2852.10|
GHS Hazard and Precautionary Statements
Fatal if swallowed. Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure. Suspected of causing genetic defects. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Causes serious eye damage. Very toxic to aquatic life. Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Store locked up. Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
Risk & Safety
|Very toxic if swallowed. Causes burns. Toxic: danger of serious damage to health by prolonged exposure in contact with skin and if swallowed. Possible risk of impaired fertility. Possible risk of irreversible effects Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment.|
|In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection. In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately (show the label where possible). This material and/or its container must be disposed of as hazardous waste. Avoid release to the environment. Refer to special instructions/Safety data sheets|