I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Mercury(II) oxide is used in marine and porcelain paints, dry batteries, chemical reagents, and topical antiseptics. It acts as a significant part in the production of mercury. It is utilitarian in the deduction of a mercury based superconductor. It is likewise employed, as a photo-oxidant for the photochemical oxidation of primary aromatic amines to the corresponding azoaromatic compounds. It is also an essential material for the preparation of cathodes in mercury batteries.
Miller, C. L.; Watson, D. B.; Lester, B. P.; Howe, J. Y.; Phillips, D. H.; He, F.; Liang, L.; Pierce, E. M. Formation of Soluble Mercury Oxide Coatings: Transformation of Elemental Mercury in Soils. Environ. Sci. Technol. 2015, 49 (20), 12105-12111.
Wei, Z. S.; Luo, Y. W.; Li, B. R.; Chen, Z. Y.; Ye, Q. H.; Huang, Q. R.; He, J. C. Elemental mercury oxidation from flue gas by microwave catalytic oxidation over Mn/γ-Al2O3. J. Ind. Eng. Chem. 2015, 24, 315-321.
Hazard Statements: H300+H310+H330-H373
Fatal if swallowed. Fatal in contact with skin. Fatal if inhaled. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P262-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P284-P301+P310-P302+P350-P304+P340-P310-P314-P330-P361-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN: Gently wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant