I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Potassium iodate is an oxidizing agent used to prepare 2-styrylchromones from o-hydroxy-ω-cinnamylideneacetophenones by oxidative cyclization. It is used to iodinate table salt in order to prevent iodine deficiency. It is an active ingredient in baby formula milk. As a maturing agent, it is used in baking. Furthermore, it is involved in the protection of radioactive iodine accumulation in the thyroid.
Wang, Y.; Duo, F.; Peng, S.; Jia, F.; Fan, C. Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2014, 430, 31-39.
Belokoneva, E. L.; Stefanovich, S. Y.; Dimitrova, O. V. New nonlinear optical potassium iodate K [IO3] and borates K3[B6O10] Br, KTa [B4O6(OH)4](OH)2· 1.33 H2OSynthesis, structures and relation to the properties. J. Solid State Chem. 2012, 195, 79-85.
Hazard Statements: H272-H302-H315-H319-H335
May intensify fire; oxidizer. Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P220-P221-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep/Store away from clothing/combustible materials. Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant