I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Lead(II) iodide is used as a detector material for high energy photons including x-rays and gamma rays. It is used in photography, printing, mosaic gold, and bronzing. It exhibits ferroelastic properties and has efficiency in stopping X-ray and gamma ray, which provides excellent environmental stability.
Wu, X.; Trinh, M. T.; Zhu, X. Y. Excitonic Many-Body Interactions in Two-Dimensional Lead Iodide Perovskite Quantum Wells. J. Phys. Chem. C. 2015, 119 (26), 14714-14721.
Dualeh, A.; Moehl, T.; Tétreault, N.; Teuscher, J.; Gao, P.; Nazeeruddin, M. K.; Grätzel, M. Impedance Spectroscopic Analysis of Lead Iodide Perovskite-Sensitized Solid-State Solar Cells. ACS Nano. 2014, 8 (1), 362-373.
Hazard Statements: H302+H332-H350-H360-H373
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled. May cause cancer. May damage fertility or the unborn child. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P261-P262-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P304+P340-P308+P313-P312-P314-P330-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant