I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Used in ceramics, pyrotechnics, salt baths, heat-exchange media, refrigeration systems, and rocket propellant Lithium nitrate is used in ceramics, pyrotechnics, salt baths, heat-exchange media, refrigeration systems, rocket propellant and in solar batteries. It acts as an oxidizing agent in the production of red-colored fireworks and flares; as a catalyst to accelerate the breakdown of nitrogen oxides and as a medium to store heat received from the sun for cooking. It is applied to concrete pavement to withstand weathering effects.
Brückner, J.; Thieme, S.; Grossmann, H. T.; Dörfler, S.; Althues, H.; Kaskel, S. Lithium-sulfur batteries: Influence of C-rate, amount of electrolyte and sulfur loading on cycle performance. J. Power Sources 2014, 268, 82-87.
Balach, J.; Jaumann, T.; Klose, M.; Oswald, S.; Eckert, J.; Giebeler, L. Mesoporous Carbon Interlayers with Tailored Pore Volume as Polysulfide Reservoir for High-Energy Lithium-Sulfur Batteries. J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 119 (9), 4580-4587.
Hazard Statements: H272-H302-H319
May intensify fire; oxidizer. Harmful if swallowed. Causes serious eye irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P220-P221-P264b-P270-P280-P301+P312-P305+P351+P338-P330-P337+P313-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep/Store away from clothing/combustible materials. Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant