I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
In soap manufacture, in bleaching, as an electrolyte, as an absorbent, in dyestuffs, in liquid fertilizer, in electroplating, as a reagentPotassium hydroxide acts as a precursor for most of the soft and liquid soaps, and for numerous potassium-containing chemicals. It is widely used in the manufacture of detergents, fertilizer, rayon, paper, dyestuffs, various drugs, drug intermediates, fine chemicals, and petroleum products. In the field of organic chemistry, potassium hydroxide acts as a base, and is used in the synthesis of several organic compounds. Further, it finds application as an electrolyte in alkaline batteries, which are based on nickel-cadmium, nickel-hydrogen and manganese dioxide-zinc.
Aili, D.; Jankova, K.; Li, Q.; Bjerrum, N. J.; Jensen, J. O. The stability of poly(2, 2'-(m-phenylene)-5, 5'-bibenzimidazole) membranes in aqueous potassium hydroxide. J. Membr. Sci. 2015, 492, 422-429.
Liu, Z.; Sheng, P.; Yang, Y. P.; Li, W.; Huang, W. M.; Wang, J. D.; Fan, Y. M. Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. J. Microbiol. Methods 2015, 112, 21-23.
Hazard Statements: H290-H302-H314-H335
May be corrosive to metals. Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P234-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P390-P501c
Keep only in original container. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Absorb spillage to prevent material damage. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant