I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Di-n-butyltin oxide is used as a reagent and a catalyst. It is particularly useful in regioselective alkylation, acylation and sulfonation reactions for starting materials containing alcohol functional groups. It is used in studies pertaining to discovering novel antitumor agents, antifungal activity.
Michael J Martinelli; Rajappa Vaidyanathan; Vien Van Khau. Selective monosulfonylation of internal 1,2-diols catalyzed by di-n-butyltin oxide. Tetrahedron Letters. 2000, 41(20), 3773-3776.
Marcel Gielen; Abdelaziz El Khloufi; Monique Biesemans and Rudolph Willem. Di-n-butyltin and diethyltin monofluorobenzoates: Synthesis, spectroscopic characterization and in vitro antitumor activity. Applied Organometallic Chemistry. 1993, 7(2), 119-125.
Hazard Statements: H301-H315-H317-H318-H341-H360-H370-H372
Toxic if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye damage. Suspected of causing genetic defects. May damage fertility or the unborn child. Causes damage to organs. Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P260-P264b-P270-P272-P280g-P281-P301+P310-P302+P352-P305+P351+P338-P307+P311-P310-P330-P333+P313-P362-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant