I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Copper(I) chloride is precursor to many copper compounds including copper oxychloride and many organocuprate compounds of synthetic interest. It is used as a catalyst as well as a reagent in many organic reactions including Gatterman-Koch, Sandmeyer, Grignard and Gilman reactions. It catalyzes 1,4-addition of Grignard reagents to alpha,beta-unsaturated ketones. It is also used as a doping salt to enhance the cationization of polystyrene in matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. It is also an intermediate formed in the Wacker process.
Nezhad, G. K.; Dorraji, P. S. Copper chloride modified copper electrode: Application to electrocatalytic oxidation of methanol. Electrochim. Acta 2010, 55 (9), 3414-3420.
Keki, S.; Deak, G.; Zsuga, M. Copper(I) chloride: a simple salt for enhancement of polystyrene cationization in matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 2001, 15 (9), 675-678.
Hazard Statements: H302-H312-H315-H318
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage.
Precautionary Statements: P264b-P270-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P330-P332+P313-P362-P501c
Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant