I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Ethyl acetate is widely used as a solvent in cleaning of the circuit board. It is most suited for HPLC instruments and spectrophotometers including the UV-visible spectrophotometer, the IR spectrometer and the mass spectrometer. In addition, it can also be used as a solvent in column chromatography and solvent extraction. It is also used in glues, nail polish removers, decaffeinating tea and coffee and in cigarettes. It is present in confectioneries, perfumes and fruits.
Petibon, R.; Harlow, J.; Le, D. B.; Dahn, J. R. The use of ethyl acetate and methyl propanoate in combination with vinylene carbonate as ethylene carbonate-free solvent blends for electrolytes in Li-ion batteries. Electrochim. Acta 2015, 154, 227-234.
Orozco, D. C., Alarcon, E.; Villa, A. L. Kinetic study of the nopol synthesis by the Prins reaction over tin impregnated MCM-41 catalyst with ethyl acetate as solvent. Fuel 2015, 149, 130-137.
Hazard Statements: H225-H319-H336
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P314-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant