I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Sulfuric acid is used as an electrolyte in lead-acid batteries, and a cleaning agent. It is used in mineral processing, fertilizer manufacturing, oil refining, wastewater processing, and chemical synthesis. It is also used in the production of detergents, synthetic resins, dyestuffs, pharmaceuticals, petroleum catalysts, antifreeze, processes such as oil well acidizing, aluminum reduction, paper sizing, pigments, enamels, printing inks, coated fabrics and paper. It is also used in the production of explosives, cellophane, acetate and viscose textiles, lubricants, non-ferrous metals and batteries. Sulfuric acid immobilized on silica gel is used as an efficient and benign catalyst.
Torrent-Sucarra, M.; Francisco, S. J.; Anglada, M. J. Sulfuric Acid as Autocatalyst in the Formation of Sulfuric Acid. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134 (51), 20632-20644.
Yan, H.; Chen, Y.; Xu, S. Synthesis of Graphitic Carbon Nitride by Directly Heating Sulfuric acid Treated Melamine for Enhanced Photocatalytic H2 Production from Water Under Visible Light. Int. J. Hydrogen Energ. 2012, 37 (1), 125-133.
Hazard Statements: H314-H330-H350
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Fatal if inhaled. May cause cancer.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P260-P264b-P271-P280-P285-P301+P330+P331-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P310-P363-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant