I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Manganese(II) nitrate is used as a precursor to prepare the oxides of manganese. It is involved in the preparation of electronic components. Further, it is utilized for the phosphorous treatment of metal surface.
Małecka, B.; Łącz, A.; Drożdż, E.; Małecki, A. Thermal decomposition of d-metal nitrates supported on alumina. J. Therm. Anal. Calorim. 2015, 119 (2), 1053-1061.
Danis, L.; Gateman, S. M.; Snowden, M. E.; Halalay, I. C.; Howe, J. Y.; Mauzeroll, J. Anodic Stripping Voltammetry at Nanoelectrodes: Trapping of Mn2+ by Crown Ethers. Electrochim. Acta 2015, 162, 169-175.
Hazard Statements: H271-H302-H314-H373
May cause fire or explosion; strong oxidizer. Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P220-P221-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P284-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep/Store away from clothing/combustible materials. Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant