I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
It is the precursor material for Ni electroplating. It is applied in biochemistry and also employed as a calibrant for magnetic susceptibility measurements.
Ashkenny, M. H.; Ibana, D.; Barnard, K. R. Reagent selection for recovery of nickel and cobalt from nitric acid nickel laterite leach solutions by solvent extraction. Mater. Sci. Semicond. Process 2015, 77, 42-51.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H317-H319-H332-H334-H335-H341-H350i-H360D-H372
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled. May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation. Suspected of causing genetic defects. May cause cancer by inhalation. May damage the unborn child. Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280-P281-P285-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P330-P333+P313-P342+P311-P362-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Use personal protective equipment as required. In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant