I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Used as a battery additive, in the manufacture of cobalt pigments and invisible inks, for decorating stoneware and porcelain, and in the preparation of catalysts. It is commonly reduced to metallic cobalt or precipitated on various substrates for gischer-tropsch catalysis. It is used as analytical reagent to determine potassium.
Ghosh, M.; Layek, M.; Fleck, M.; Saha, R.; Bandyopadhyay, D. Synthesis, crystal structure and antibacterial activities of mixed ligand copper(II) and cobalt(II) complexes of a NNS Schiff base. Polyhedron. 2015, 85, 312-319.
Datta, A.; Massera, C.; Clegg, J. K.; Aromí, G.; Aguilà, D.; Huang, J. H.; Chuang, S. Discrete and polymeric complexes formed from cobalt(II), 4,4'-bipyridine and 2-sulfoterephthalate: synthetic, crystallographic and magnetic studies. Cryst. Eng. Comm. 2015, 17, 4502-4511.
Hazard Statements: H272-H302+H332-H317-H318-H334-H341-H350i-H360F
May intensify fire; oxidizer. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye damage. May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled. Suspected of causing genetic defects. May cause cancer by inhalation. May damage fertility.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P210-P220-P221-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280g-P281-P285-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P310-P330-P333+P313-P342+P311-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep/Store away from clothing/combustible materials. Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves. Use personal protective equipment as required. In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: If experiencing respiratory symptoms: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant