I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
It is used in chemical research. It is used in deicing, dust control, wood preservative and road stabilization. Naphthenic acid and metallic naphthenates have industrial applications in synthetic detergents, solvent additives for paint, varnish, oils and resins. They are used as lubricants, corrosion inhibitors and fuel additives. They are used as wood preservatives, catalysts, wetting agents, lubricating oil additive.
Yoshiya Kera.; Hisateru Imori.; Shigeharu KidA.; Katsumi Degawa. The Electrical and Structural Features of Vanadium-oxide Films as Formed by the Thermal Decomposition of Vanadium Naphthenate. Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. 2006, 57 (8), 2069-2074.
Hazard Statements: H301-H315-H317-H319-H330
Toxic if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Fatal if inhaled.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280-P284-P301+P310-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P333+P313-P362-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant