I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Silver(II) oxide is used to make silver oxide-zinc alkali batteries. It is also used as a reagent in laboratory reactions and forms transition metal-carbene complexes. It is also used as a catalyst to prepare silver metal. It acts as an effective carbon dioxide scrubber and used in nuclear submarines, the international space station and space shuttles. Further, it is used in the manufacture of filters for gas sensors and in some infection-resistant surgical fabric materials and fibrous textile articles. In addition to this, it is used in concrete and in some swimming pools to protect the water from undesired microbes.
Braam, K.; Subramanian, V. A Stencil Printed, High Energy Density Silver Oxide Battery Using a Novel Photopolymerizable Poly(acrylic acid) Separator. Opt. Spectrosc. 2015, 27 (4), 689-694.
Wan, Y.; Wang, X.; Wang, X.; Li, Y.; Sun, H.; Zhang, K. Determination and Generation of the Corrosion Compounds on Silver Exposed to the Atmospheres. Adv. Mater. 2015, 10, 2336-2354.
Hazard Statements: H272-H314-H318-H335
May intensify fire; oxidizer. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Causes serious eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P220-P221-P260-P264b-P271-P280-P301+P330+P331-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P363-P370+P380+P375-P372-P380-P501c
Keep/Store away from clothing/combustible materials. Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Evacuate area. Fight fire remotely due to the risk of explosion. Explosion risk in case of fire. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant