I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Oxalic acid is used as reducing agent for photographic films, as mordant in dyeing process, as bleaching agent for removal of rust through complex formation, and as grinding agent during polishing of marble. It is used in waste water treatment to remove calcium. The conjugate base of oxalic acid acts as a chelating agent for metal ions. It is used as a catalyst for esterifications in synthetic organic chemistry and as an analytical reagent.
Martínez-Esplá, A.; Zapata, P. J.; Valero, D.; García-Viguera, C.; Castillo, S.; Serrano, M. Preharvest Application of Oxalic Acid Increased Fruit Size, Bioactive Compounds, and Antioxidant Capacity in Sweet Cherry Cultivars (Prunus avium L.). J. Agric. Food Chem. 2014, 62 (15), 3432-3437.
Losev, E. A.; Boldyreva, E. V. The role of a liquid in dry co-grinding: a case study of the effect of water on mechanochemical synthesis in a L-serine-oxalic acid system. CrystEngComm 2014, 16 (19), 3857-3866.
Bratvold, J. E.; Carraro, G.; Barreca, D.; Nilsen, O. An iron(II) diketonate-diamine complex as precursor for thin film fabrication by atomic layer deposition. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2015, 347, 861-867.
Hazard Statements: H302+H312-H318-H373
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes serious eye damage. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P314-P330-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant