I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Sodium methoxide 2% w/w in methanol is used in the preparation of high-spin hexanuclear Mn(III) cluster, [NaMn6 (OMe)12 (dbm)6]+. It is useful in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals. It serves as an initiator of anionic addition polymerization with ethylene oxide, forming a polyether with high molecular weight.
Tranchimand, S.; Faure, B.; Naubron, J. V.; Alphand, V.; Archelas, A.; Iacazio, G. Silica-Catalysed and Highly Stereoselective Convergent and Nonconvergent Rearrangements of Menthone Enol Acetate Epoxides: Easy Access to the Four α-Hydroxymenthone Stereoisomers. Eur. J. Org. Chem 2012, 2012, (23), 4365-4372.
Li, H. P.; Zhao, H. Preparing Biodiesel from High-acidity Waste Cooking Oil Catalyzed by Sodium Methoxide. Energy sourc. A, Recovery util. environ. effects 2015, 37 (3), 334-340.
Hazard Statements: H226-H301+H311+H331-H314-H335-H370
Flammable liquid and vapour. Toxic if swallowed. Toxic in contact with skin. Toxic if inhaled. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation. Causes damage to organs.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant