I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
n-Hexane is used as a solvent, paint thinner, and chemical reaction medium. It is used to extract edible oils from seeds and vegetables, as a special-use solvent, and as a cleaning agent. Hexanes are commonly used in chromatography as a non-polar solvent.
Ján Cvengroš.; Zuzana Cvengrošová. Quality control of rapeseed oil methyl esters by determination of acyl conversion. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. 1994, 71 (12),1349-1352.
Hazard Statements: H225-H304-H315-H319-H335-H336-H361f-H372
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Suspected of damaging fertility. Causes damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280i-P281-P301+P310-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P331-P332+P313-P337+P313-P363-P370+P37
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear eye/face protection. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Do NOT induce vomiting. If skin irritation occurs: If eye irritation persists: Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: