I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Phosphorus acid is used as an intermediate in the preparation of other phosphorus compounds like potassium phosphite, ammonium phosphite and calcium phosphite. It is actively involved in the preparation of phosphites like aminotris(methylenephosphonic acid) (ATMP), 1-hydroxyethane 1,1-diphosphonic acid (HEDP) and 2-phosphonobutane-1,2,4-tricarboxylic Acid (PBTC), which find application in water treatment as a scale or corrosive inhibitor. It is also used in chemical reactions as a reducing agent. Its salt, lead phosphite is used as PVC stabilizer. It is also used as a precursor in the preparation of phosphine and as an intermediate in the preparation of other phosphorus compounds.
Prokop, M.; Bystron, T.; Bouzek, K. Electrochemistry of phosphorus and Hypophosphorus Acid on a Pt electrode. Electrochim. Acta 2015, 160, 214-218.
Grun, A.; Kovacs, R.; Nagy, D. I.; Garadnay, S.; Greiner, I.; Keglevich, G. Efficient Synthesis of Benzidronate Applying of Phosphorus Trichloride and phosphorus Acid. Lett Drug Des Discov 2015, 12, 78-84.
Hazard Statements: H290-H302-H314-H335
May be corrosive to metals. Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P390-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Absorb spillage to prevent material damage. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant