I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
2-Phenylphenol is used as a dye intermediate, plasticizer, rubber chemical and as a preservative in water-oil emulsions. It is used as an antimicrobial preservative in cosmetics and an antimicrobial additive in the manufacture of metalworking fluids, leather, adhesives and textiles. Further, it serves as a disinfectant in households, hospitals, nursing homes, farms, laundries, barber shops, veterinary equipment and food processing plants. It is also employed in the production of resins and rubber chemicals. In addition to this, it is used as a polymer material, stabilizer and flame retardant.
Seki, Y.; Ide, Y.; Okada, T.; Ogawa, M. Concentration of 2-phenylphenol by organoclays from aqueous sucrose solution. Appl. Clay Sci. 2015, 109-110, 64-67.
Ma, J.; Zhang, X.; Basari?, N.; Wan, P.; Phillips, D. L. Observation of excited state proton transfer reactions in 2-phenylphenol and 2-phenyl-1-naphthol and formation of quinone methide species. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 2015, 17 (14), 9205-9211.
Hazard Statements: H302-H312-H315-H319-H335-H371
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause damage to organs.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P305+P351+P338-P309+P311-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or if you feel unwell: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant