I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
1-Nitroso-2-naphthol as a complexing agent for the on-line preconcentration of cobalt with FI-FAAS. 1-Nitroso-2-naphthol is the chelating ion-exchanger in the synthesis of alumina adsorbents that are of acidic, basic and neutral nature. It is used for the removal and preconcentration of Pb(II), Cu(II), Cr(III) from waste, as well as drinking water. It is also used in the preconcentration of cobalt using C(18) microcolumn with flow injection that is coupled to a flame atomic absorption spectrometry (FI-FAAS) system. 1-Nitroso-2-naphthol is used in the preparation of 1-nitroso-2-naphthol-sodium nitrite reagent.
E Kendüzler.; AR Türker. Atomic absorption spectrophotometric determination of trace copper in waters, aluminum foil and tea samples after preconcentration with 1-nitroso-2-naphthol-3,6-disulfonic acid on Ambersorb 572. Analytica chimica acta . 2003 480, (2) , 259-266.
K Terada.; K Nakamura. Preconcentration of cobalt (II) in natural waters with 1-nitroso-2-naphthol supported on silica gel. Talanta. 1981 28, (2) , 123-125.
Reagent for determination of Co, Cu, Fe, etc.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant