I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Methylene dithiocyanate is an important organic intermediate. It is used in agrochemical, pharmaceutical and dyestuff field. It is also used to control slime in pulp and paper manufacturing, preservation of paints, adhesives, synthetic polymer lattices and latex emulsions, anti-microbial treatment of water thinned products, thickeners and slurries, preservation of wood and wood products, preservation of Leather and Leather products and in oil well brines and drilling mud.
Konnert, J. H.; Britton, D. The crystal and molecular structure of methylene dithiocyanate. Acta Crystallographica Section B: Structural Crystallography and Crystal Chemistry. 1971, 27, (4), 781-786.
Hazard Statements: H301-H314-H317-H330
Toxic if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Fatal if inhaled.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280-P284-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P333+P313-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant