I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
N,N-Dimethylbenzylamine is used in the preparation of bis[(N,N-dimethylamino)benzyl] selenide. It acts as a catalyst in the curing reaction of formulations of diglycidyl ether of bisphenol A and tetrahydrophthalic anhydride. It undergoes directed ortho metalation with butyl lithium. It reacts with methyl iodide to get ammonium salt, which is used as phase transfer catalysts. Further, it is used as a catalyst for the formation of polyurethane foams and epoxy resins.
Harisha, A. S.; Nayak, S. P.; Nagarajan, K.; Row, T. N. G.; Hosamani, A. A. Novel triethylamine mediated thermal reactions of 3-aryl-2-cyanoprop-2-enoic acid derivatives-demethylation, reduction and vinylogation. Tetrahedron Lett. 2015, 56 (11), 1427-1431.
Guo, H.; Zheng, J.; Gan, J.; Liang, L.; Wu, K.; Lu, M. Relationship between crosslinking structure and low dielectric constant of hydrophobic epoxies based on substituted biphenyl mesogenic units. RSC Adv. 2015, 5 (107), 88014-88020.
Hazard Statements: H226-H301-H311-H314-H331-H335
Flammable liquid and vapour. Toxic if swallowed. Toxic in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. Toxic if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P270-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant