I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
2-Furonitrile is used as a extractive distillation solvent and as a sweetening agent. It is also used as an intermediate in pharmaceutical and fine chemical synthesis. 2-Furonitrile was employed as substrate to investigate the substrate specificity of nitrilase from Rhodococcus rhodochrous Jl cell.
C D Mathew; T Nagasawa; M Kobayashi; H Yamada. Nitrilase-Catalyzed Production of Nicotinic Acid from 3-Cyanopyridine in Rhodococcus rhodochrous J1. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 1988, 54 (4), 1030-1032.
C. Korepp; H.J. Santner; T. Fujii; M. Ue; J.O. Besenhard; K.-C. Möller; M. Winter. 2-CyanofuranA novel vinylene electrolyte additive for PC-based electrolytes in lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Power Sources. 2006, 158 (1), 578-582.
Hazard Statements: H226-H302-H312-H318-H332
Flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes serious eye damage. Harmful if inhaled.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P240-P241-P242-P243-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P330-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant