I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Salicylic acid is used as a food preservative as well as in the treatment of many skin disorders such as acne, dandruff, psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis of the skin and scalp. It is an antiseptic. It is mainly used in the pharmaceutical industry for the manufacture of antipyretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and diuretic drugs. It is also used in dye industry for making azo direct dye and for acidic mordant dyeing.
González-Ramos, K. M.; Fernández-Reyes, B.; Román, F. R.; Hernández-Maldonado, A. J. A hierarchical porous carbon-Mn+[FAU](Mn+= Ni2+ or Cu2+) adsorbent: Synthesis, characterization and adsorption of salicylic acid from water. Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 2014, 200, 225-234.
Ouimet, M. A.; Fogaça, R.; Snyder, S. S.; Sathaye, S.; Catalani, L. H.; Pochan, D. J.; Uhrich, K. E. Poly (anhydride-ester) and Poly (N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) Blends: Salicylic Acid-Releasing Blends with Hydrogel-Like Properties that Reduce Inflammation. Macromol. Biosci. 2015, 15 (3), 342-350.
Hazard Statements: H302-H318-H500
Harmful if swallowed. Causes serious eye damage. May form combustible dust concentrations in air
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P330-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant