I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Triphenylphosphine oxide is used as a catalyst, Lewis base, ligand for metals and starting material for the preparation of other phosphorus compounds. It is also used in epoxidations, Michael reactions and coupling reactions. It reacts with copper(II) halides and form coordination complexes of Copper(II). Further, it acts as a crystallization aid for chemical compounds. In addition to this, it is used for processing, extraction, separation and spectrophotometric determination of cadmium and mercury.
The reagent prepared from a 2:1 molar ratio of the phosphine oxide and triflic anhydride is a useful dehydrating agent, e.g. for preparation of nitriles from amides or oximes, or of amides from acids and amines: J. Org. Chem., 52, 4137 (1987). In combination with triethylamine, the reagent also dehydrates activated ketones to alkynes: Synthesis, 217 (1989).
Zhang, Y.; Miyake, J.; Akiyama, R.; Miyatake, K. Ladder-type aromatic block copolymers containing sulfonated triphenylphosphine oxide moieties as proton conductive membranes. Polymer 2015, 77, 152-155.
Sun, D.; Fu, Q.; Ren, Z.; Li, H.; Ma, D.; Yan, S. Synthesis of well-defined poly(phenylcarbazole-alt-triphenylphosphine oxide) siloxane as a bipolar host material for solution-processed deep blue phosphorescent devices. Polym. Chem. 2014, 5 (1), 220-226.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant