I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
2,4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid is used as a supplement in plant cell culture media. It is a synthetic auxin, which finds application as a plant growth regulator. Further, it is used to increase latex output of old rubber trees.
Loomis, D.; Guyton, K.; Grosse, Y.; El Ghissasi, F.; Bouvard, V.; Benbrahim-Tallaa, L.; Guha, N.; Mattock, H.; Straif, K. Carcinogenicity of lindane, DDT, and 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid. Lancet Oncol. 2015, 16 (8), 891-892.
Njoku, V. O.; Islam, M. A.; Asif, M.; Hameed, B. H. Adsorption of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid by mesoporous activated carbon prepared from H3PO4-activated langsat empty fruit bunch. J. Environ. Manage. 2015, 154, 138-144.
Hazard Statements: H302-H317-H318-H335-H351
Harmful if swallowed. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation. Suspected of causing cancer.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280g-P281-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P310-P330-P333+P313-P363-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant