I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Phenyl chloroformate is used in the synthesis of poly(2-(phenoxycarbonyloxy)ethyl methacrylate) and phenyl-(4-vinylphenyl) carbonate. It acts as a precursor of phenyl mixed anhydrides which are used in peptide coupling reactions. It serves as a dehydrating reagent for the conversion of primary amides to nitriles and an intermediate in the synthesis of pharmaceuticals and carbamates.
Precursor of phenyl mixed anhydrides, which can be used, e.g. in peptide coupling reactions.
Reagent for dehydration of primary amides to nitriles under mild conditions: Indian J. Chem., 40B, 722 (2001).
Wieting, J. M.; Fisher, T. J.; Schafer, A. G.; Visco, M. D.; Gallucci, J. C.; Mattson, A. E. Preparation and Catalytic Activity of BINOL-Derived Silanediols. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 2015 (3), 525-533.
Kevill, D. N.; Ryu, Z. H. Correlation of the rates of solvolysis of 2, 1-benzoxathiol-3-one-1, 1-dioxide (2-sulfobenzoic acid cyclic anhydride). J. Chem. Res. 2015, 39 (10), 561-566.
Hazard Statements: H227-H302-H314-H317-H330-H335
Combustible liquid. Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Fatal if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P235-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280-P284-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P333+P313-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep cool. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant