I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Lead(IV) oxide is used in the manufacture of matches, pyrotechnics, dyes and other chemicals. It is also has several important applications in electrochemistry, in particular in the positive plates of lead acid batteries.
Biljana Šljuki?a; Craig E. Banksb; Alison Crossleyc; Richard G. Compton. Lead(IV) oxide-graphite composite electrodes: Application to sensing of ammonia, nitrite and phenols. Analytica Chimica Acta. 2007, 587(2), 240-246.
Derek Midgley. Lead-selective electrodes based on lead(IV) oxide. Analytica Chimica Acta. 1984, 15963-70.
Hazard Statements: H272-H302+H332-H350-H360Df-H373
May intensify fire; oxidizer. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled. May cause cancer. May damage the unborn child. Suspected of damaging fertility. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P210-P220-P221-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P281-P301+P312-P304+P340-P308+P313-P330-P370+P378q-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep/Store away from clothing/combustible materials. Take any precaution to avoid mixing with combustibles. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Rinse mouth. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant