I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Bis(2-chloroethyl) ether is used as a solvent and soil fumigant. It may be used in the preparation of macrocyclic polyethers, dibenzo-18-crown-6 polyether and dicyclohexyl-18-crown-6 polyether.
R D Lingg; W H Kaylor; S M Pyle; R G Tardiff. Thiodiglycolic acid: a major metabolite of bis(2-chloroethyl)ether. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.1979, 47 (1), 23-34.
Alex Christensen; Mirat D. Gurol; Temesgen Garoma. Treatment of persistent organic compounds by integrated advanced oxidation processes and sequential batch reactor. Water Research.2009, 43 (16), 3910-3921.
Hazard Statements: H226-H300-H310-H330
Flammable liquid and vapour. Fatal if swallowed. Fatal in contact with skin. Fatal if inhaled.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P262-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P284-P301+P310-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P310-P330-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. Rinse mouth. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant