I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
It is used as a catalyst in decarboxylation reactions of arylacetic acids and of malonic acids under mild conditions. It is also used in batteries and electrodes, ceramic colorant, catalyst, purification of hydrogen, reagent in analytical chemistry, metallurgical and welding fluxes. It finds its application also as an antifouling agent for marine paints and in Benedict's Test. It is used to provide a source supplemental elemental copper.
Jay A. Young. Copper(I) Oxide, Cu2O.J. Chem. Educ.,2003,80(3), 257.
Brian W. Robinson, et al.Quantitative preparation of sulfur dioxide, for sulfur-34/sulfur-32 analyses, from sulfides by combustion with cuprous oxide.Anal. Chem.,1975,47(7), 1179-1181.
Catalyst in decarboxylation reactions of arylacetic acids: Tetrahedron, 40, 3229 (1984); and of malonic acids under mild conditions: Synthesis, 1029 (1986). For oxidative decarboxylation of carboxylic acids to give aldehydes and ketones, see: Tetrahedron Lett., 25, 3819 (1984).
Hazard Statements: H302+H332-H318
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful if inhaled. Causes serious eye damage.
Precautionary Statements: P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P330-P501c
Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant