I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
The o-nitrobenzyl group (o-NB) is utilized frequently in polymer and materials science. It covers the use of based cross-linkers for photodegradable hydrogels, o-NB side chain functionalization in (block) copolymers, o-NB side chain functionalization for thin film patterning, o-NB for self-assembled monolayers, photo cleavable block copolymers, and photo cleavable bioconjugates.
Hui Zhao; Elizabeth S. Sterner; E. Bryan Coughlin and Patrick Theato. o-Nitrobenzyl Alcohol Derivatives: Opportunities in Polymer and Materials Science. Macromolecules. 2012, 45 (4), 1723-1736.
Aurélien Blanc and Christian G. Bochet. Isotope Effects in Photochemistry. 1. o-Nitrobenzyl Alcohol Derivatives. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004, 126 (23), 7174-7175.
Photosensitive protecting reagent for alcohols, acids, phenols etc., cf 4,5-Dimethoxy-2-nitrobenzyl alcohol, L00719. Bis(2-nitrobenzyl) acetals of carbonyl compounds, prepared by acetalization in the presence of 2,2-dimethoxypropane, are cleaved photochemically: J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 1828 (1985). For reviews of photoremovable groups in organic synthesis, see: Synthesis, 1 (1980); Org. Photochem., 9, 225 (1987).
Hazard Statements: H302-H312-H315-H319-H332-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant