I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
p-Phenylenediamine is used as a precursor to aramid plastics, Kevlar fibers and to urethane polymers. It serves as a developing agent in photography, antioxidants in rubber products and as a vulcanization accelerator. It is used as a henna surrogate for temporary tattoos and as a histological stain for lipids such as myelin. It is an anti-fade reagent used in fluorescence microscopy to retard photobleaching of fluorescein and other fluorescent dyes. Furthermore, it is also an ingredient in hair dyes.
Magdziarz, P.; Bober, P.; Trchová, M.; Morávková, Z.; Bláha, M., Prokeš, J.; Stejskal, J. Conducting composites prepared by the reduction of silver ions with poly (p-phenylenediamine). Polym. Int. 2015, 64 (4), 496-504.
Pot, L. M.; Coenraads, P. J.; Goebel, C.; Blömeke, B. Assessment of the elicitation response in subjects weakly sensitized to p-phenylenediamine. Brit. J. Dermatol. 2015, 172 (1), 138-144.
Hazard Statements: H301-H311-H317-H319-H331
Toxic if swallowed. Toxic in contact with skin. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Toxic if inhaled.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280-P301+P310-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P311-P312-P330-P333+P313-P337+P313-P361-P363-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant