I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Tetraphenylphosphonium bromide is a supporting electrolyte for the electroreduction of buckminsterfullerene. It is used to extract heavy metals from aqueous solution as ion-association complexes
Dominique Dubois.; Gilles Moninot.; Wlodzimierz Kutner.; M. Thomas Jones.; Karl M. Kadish. Electroreduction of Buckminsterfullerene, C60, in aprotic solvents. Solvent, supporting electrolyte, and temperature effects. J. Phys. Chem. 1992, 96 (17), 7137-7145 .
Nicolay V. Tsarevsky.; Brent S. Sumerlin.; Krzysztof Matyjaszewski. Step-Growth Click Coupling of Telechelic Polymers Prepared by Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization. Macromolecules. 2005, 38 (9), 3558-3561.
This salt, or the more water-soluble chloride (next entry), has been used to extract heavy metals from aqueous solution as ion-association complexes: J. Organomet. Chem., 160, 17 (1978), Z. Naturforsch. B, 33B(5), 533 (1978); Microchem. J., 22, 275 (1977).
Thermally stable phase-transfer catalyst (see Appendix 2): in combination with o-phthaloyl chloride (nitrite trap), facilitates the otherwise difficult displacement by F- of a nitro-group meta to an activating group: Chem. Lett., 2213 (1989):
For a similar reaction, see 4-Chlorobenzaldehyde, A12757.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant