I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Copper(II) chloride is used as a catalyst for organic and inorganic reactions, mordant for dyeing and printing materials, pigment for glass, ceramics, as wood preservative, as disinfectant, and as a catalyst in the output of chlorine from hydrogen chloride. It is likewise employed in the oil industry as a purifying agent, in the manufacture of laundry marking inks, in metallurgy to recover mercury from ores, in refining copper, silver and gold, in tinting baths of iron and tin, in photography, in pyrotechnics, and to get rid of lead compounds from gasoline and oils.
Bokhimi, X.; Morales, A.; Novaro, O. Effect of Copper Precursor on the Stabilization of Titania Phases, and the Optical Properties of Cu/TiO2 Prepared with the Sol-Gel Technique. Chem. Mater. 1997, 9 (11), 2616-2620.
Azzaroni, O.; Cipollone, M.; Vela, M.E.; Salvarezza, R.C. Protective Properties of Dodecanethiol Layers on Copper Surfaces:? The Effect of Chloride Anions in Aqueous Environments. Langmuir 2001, 17 (5), 1483-1487.
Hazard Statements: H302+H312-H315-H318
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye damage.
Precautionary Statements: P264b-P270-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P330-P332+P313-P362-P501c
Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant