I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
A widely used solvent for nitrocelluloses and dyes2-Ethoxyethanol is widely used as a varnish remover and degreasing solution. It is a solvent used for nitrocellulose. It is used as a component for dyes, inks, cleaning agents, resins, paints, destaining solution for lipoproteins on polyacrylamide gels.
Sedov, I. A.; Stolov, M. A.; Hart, E.; Grover, D.; Zettl, H.; Koshevarova, V.; William, A. E.; Abraham, M. H. Abraham model correlations for solute transfer into 2-ethoxyethanol from water and from the gas phase. J. Mol. Liq. 2015, 208, 63-70.
Chiba, T.; Pu, Y. J.; Kido, J. Solution-Processed White Phosphorescent Tandem Organic Light-Emitting Devices. Adv. Mater. 2015, 27 (32), 4681-4687.
Hazard Statements: H226-H302-H331-H360FD
Flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Toxic if inhaled. May damage fertility. Suspected of damaging the unborn child. May damage fertility. May damage the unborn child.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P281-P301+P312-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P308+P313-P311-P330-P370+P378q-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant