I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Mercury(II) iodide is is used for preparation of Nessler's reagent, used for detection of presence of ammonia. It is a semiconductor material, used in some x-ray and gamma ray detection and imaging devices operating at room temperatures. In veterinary medicine, it is used in blister ointments in exostoses, bursal enlargement, etc.
Philip J.Potts; Peter C.Webb; Olwen Williams-Thorpe; Richard Kilworth. Analysis of silicate rocks using field-portable X-ray fluorescence instrumentation incorporating a mercury(II) iodide detector: a preliminary assessment of analytical performance. Analyst. 1995, 120, (5),1273-1278
Ghodrat Mahmoudi; Ali Morsali. Mercury(II) iodide coordination polymers generated from polyimine ligands. Polyhedron. 2008, 27, (3),1070-1078
Hazard Statements: H300-H310-H330-H373
Fatal if swallowed. Fatal in contact with skin. Fatal if inhaled. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P262-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P284-P301+P310-P302+P350-P304+P340-P310-P312-P314-P330-P361-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN: Gently wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant