I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Benzenesulfonic acid is mainly consumed by conversion to other specialty chemicals. A variety of pharmaceutical drugs are prepared as salts of benzenesulfonic acid and are known as besylates or besilates. The alkali metal salt of benzenesulfonic acid was once widely used in the production of phenol. It acts as an acid catalyst for direct esterification of amino acids and peptides.
Sanjay P.Kamble; Sudhir B.Sawant; Vishwas G.Pangarkar . Batch and continuous photocatalytic degradation of benzenesulfonic acid using concentrated solar radiation. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2003, 42, (26),6705-6713
Hans Cerfontain; Ankie Koeberg-Telder; Cornelis Kruk. Solutes in sulfuric acid. Part VII. Ionization of benzenesulfonic acid; determination of pKBH by 13C NMR. Tetrahedron Letters. 1975, 16, (42),3639-3642
Hazard Statements: H302-H314-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant