I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Biological stain, dye reagent, acid base indicator: pH 0.0 yellow, 2.0 green;11.6 green, 14 colorlessMalachite Green oxalate is used as the staining solution for embedded botanical material and as a spore stain. It is also used in studying the photocatalytic degradation with TiO2/WO3. It is employed for determining phosphate in serum and as a reference material in analytical chemistry for the quantification. It is also used as a pH indicator between pH 0.2 - 1.8. It is used as a dye for materials such as silk, leather, and paper.
El-Ghenymy, A.; Centellas, F.; Rodríguez, R. M.; Cabot, P. L.; Garrido, J. A.; Sirés, I.; Brillas, E. Comparative use of anodic oxidation, electro-Fenton and photoelectro-Fenton with Pt or boron-doped diamond anode to decolorize and mineralize Malachite Green oxalate dye. Electrochim. Acta 2015, 182, 247-256.
Huang, W. H.; Li, J. Z.; Liu, T.; Gao, L. S.; Jiang, M.; Zhang, Y. N.; Wang, Y. Y. A stable 3D porous coordination polymer as multi-chemosensor to Cr(IV) anion and Fe(III) cation and its selective adsorption of malachite green oxalate dye. RSC Adv. 2015, 5 (118), 97127-97132.
Hazard Statements: H301-H318-H361d
Toxic if swallowed. Causes serious eye damage. Suspected of damaging the unborn child.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P264b-P270-P281-P301+P310-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P310-P330-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Rinse mouth. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant