I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
2-Methoxyphenol acts as an expectorant. It is used as an anti-oxidant as well as an anti-skinning agent for paints. It serves as a precursor to flavorants such as eugenol and vanillin. Further, it is used as an intermediate in the chemical synthesis of active pharmaceuticals, flavoring and perfumery products. In addition to this, it is also used as an indicator in chemical reactions that produce oxygen.
Selvaraj, M.; Selvamani, A.; Alagarasi, A.; Gurulakshmi, M.; Krishnan, P. S.; Suthagar, K.; Shanthi, K. Hydrodeoxygenation of 2-Methoxyphenol Using NiO and NiO-MoO3/Mesoporous Aluminosilicate Catalysts: Effect of MoO3 and aluminum on Activity and Selectivity. Sci. Adv. Mater. 2015, 7 (4), 714-728.
Leiva, K.; Sepulveda, C.; García, R.; Laurenti, D.; Vrinat, M.; Geantet, C.; Escalona, N. Kinetic study of the conversion of 2-methoxyphenol over supported Re catalysts: Sulfide and oxide state. Appl. Catal., A 2015, 505, 302-308.
Hazard Statements: H227-H302-H315-H319
Combustible liquid. Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P235-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P314-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep cool. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant