I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
It is applied in organic synthesis. 5-Nitro-o-toluidine finds application as an intermediate in the synthesis of Pigment Red 17 (C.I. 12 390) and Pigment Red 22 (C.I. 12 315). It is also employed in conjunction with certain C.I. coupling components. It also serves as a precursor for a wide assortment of azo dyes of various red, yellow, orange, violet, and brown hues. It can also be employed as analytical standard for the surfactant mediated transformations (-254nm) of 2,4-dinitrotoluene.
National Toxicology Program. Bioassay of 5-nitro-o-toluidine for possible carcinogenicity (CAS No. 99-55-8).Natl Cancer Inst Carcinog Tech Rep Ser.
Claude A Diehl.; Chad T Jafvert.; Karen A Marley.; Richard A Larson. Surfactant-assisted UV-photolysis of nitroarenes.Chemosphere.2002,46(4), 553-560.
Eva Engel.; Francesco Santarelli.; Rudolf Vasold.; Heidi Ulrich.; Tim Maisch.; Burkhard König.; Michael Landthaler.; Neera V Gopee.; Paul C Howard.; Wolfgang Bäumler. Establishment of an extraction method for the recovery of tattoo pigments from human skin using HPLC diode array detector technology.Anal Chem.2006,78(18),6440-6447.
Hazard Statements: H301-H311-H331-H351
Toxic if swallowed. Toxic in contact with skin. Toxic if inhaled. Suspected of causing cancer.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P281-P301+P310-P302+P352-P304+P340-P308+P313-P311-P312-P330-P361-P363-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth. Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant