I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Indole-5-carboxylic acid is the suitable reagent used to study the intermolecular excited state proton transfer in indole-2-carboxylic acid and indole-5-carboxylic acid in various solvents in acidic, basic, and neutral media by steady state and time resolved fluorescence spectroscopy. It may be used in the electrochemical synthesis of poly(indole-5-carboxylic acid) (PICA) films. Also used as reactant for preparation of tryptophan dioxygenase inhibitors pyridyl-ethenyl-indoles, as potential anticancer immunomodulators, synthesis of indirubin derivatives and amide conjugates with ketoprofen, as inhibitors of Gli1-mediated transcription in Hedgehog pathway.
Eduard Dolusi? et. al. Tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) inhibitors. 3-(2-(pyridyl)ethenyl)indoles as potential anticancer immunomodulators. Journal of medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry, 2011, 54 (15), 5320-5334.
Mikaël Brasse; Jonathan A Ellman; Robert G Bergman. A facile, metal- and solvent-free, autoxidative coupling of quinolines with indoles and pyrroles. Chemical Communications, 2011, 47 (17), 5019-5021.
Hazard Statements: H302-H312-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant