I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Bis(dimethylamino)-dimethyl silane has been used to silanize pH-sensitive microelectrodes, used to measure the membrane potential in oocytes, in an experimental procedure aimed towards cloning and characterizing human electrogenic Na+-cotransporter isoform (hhNBC). It is also used for microelectrode measurements, in a study conducted to measure carbon dioxide transport through membranes. It is also used in electronic film deposition.
W. Kafrouni, et al. Synthesis and characterization of silicon carbonitride films by plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition (PECVD) using bis(dimethylamino)dimethylsilane (BDMADMS), as membrane for a small molecule gas separation.Appl. Surf. Sci.,2010257(4), 1196-1203.
Rosa Di Mundo, et al. Thin Film Deposition in Capacitively Coupled Plasmas Fed with Bis(dimethylamino)dimethylsilane and Oxygen: An FTIR study.Plasma Processes and Polymers.,2009,6(8), 506-511.
Hazard Statements: H225-H314
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P280-P301+P330+P331-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant