I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Trimethoxyvinylsilane is used as a chemical intermediate in the production of other fine chemicals or as a monomer in the production of vinyl functional silicone polymers. The use of Trimethoxyvinylsilane in coatings is intended to improve bonding or adhesion between organic polymers and mineral surfaces, such as pigments, fillers, and glass or metal substrates. It is used in water-based decorative coating products. It is also used as a as cross-linking agent and adhesion promoter in commercially-available silicone sealant product.
Hyun-Min Kim, et al. Biomimetic apatite formation on polyethylene photografted with vinyltrimethoxysilane and hydrolyzed.Biomater.200122(18), 2489-2494.
B. Naderi Zand, et al. Evaluation of the effect of vinyltrimethoxysilane on corrosion resistance and adhesion strength of epoxy coated AA1050.Electrochim. Acta,200752(23), 6438-6442.
Hazard Statements: H226-H332-H335-H373
Flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P271-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P312-P314-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Get medical advice/attention if you feel unwell. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant