I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
2(3)-tert-Butyl-4-methoxyphenol is used as an industrial antioxidant. It is used as a food additive, preservative in food packaging, animal feed, cosmetics, rubber, and petroleum products.
JM. Alauddin; Ronald E. Verrall. Apparent molal volume studies of 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-methylphenol, 2-tert-butyl-4-methoxyphenol, and 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-(hydroxymethyl)phenol in aqueous micelle solutions of sodium dodecanoate as a function of micelle concentration and temperature. J. Phys. Chem. 1984, 88, (23), 5725-5730.
Yasuo Butsugan; Masao Muto; Masao Kawai; Shuki Araki; Yoshiaki Murase; Kazuki Saito. Structures of autoxidation products of 2-tert-butyl-4-methoxyphenol in aqueous alkaline solution. J. Org. Chem. 1989, 54 (17), 4215-4217.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335-H350
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause cancer.
Precautionary Statements: P201-P202-P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280i-P281-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P308+P313-P330-P332+P313-P337+P313-P362-P501c
Obtain special instructions before use. Do not handle until all safety precautions have been read and understood. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear eye/face protection. Use personal protective equipment as required. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. IF exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: If eye irritation persists: Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant