I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
For general reactions of isocyanates, see Appendix 3./n
Has been used to protect the SH group of cysteine as the S-(N-ethylcarbamate). The group is stable to acid but can be readily cleaved with aqueous NaOH: Helv. Chim. Acta, 49, 83 (1966), or by Hg or Ag salts: J. Am. Chem. Soc., 94, 6170 (1972)./n
Hazard Statements: H225-H302-H312-H315-H317-H318-H330-H334-H335
Highly flammable liquid and vapour. Harmful if swallowed. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye damage. Fatal if inhaled. May cause allergy or asthma symptoms or breathing difficulties if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P210-P233-P235-P240-P241-P242-P243-P260-P264b-P270-P271-P272-P280-P284-P285-P301+P312-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P312-P330-P333+P313-P363-P370+P378q-P501c
Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces. - No smoking. Keep container tightly closed. Keep cool. Ground/bond container and receiving equipment. Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/ equipment. Use only non-sparking tools. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear respiratory protection. In case of inadequate ventilation wear respiratory protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. In case of fire: Use CO2, dry chemical, or foam Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant