I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Orotic acid is an intermediate in de novo pyrimidine biosynthesis that may be used to study the specificity and kinetics of orotate phosphoribosyltransferase (OPRT) which catalyzes the reversible phosphoribosyl transfer from 5?-phospho-α-d-ribose 1?-diphosphate (PRPP) to orotic acid (OA), forming pyrophosphate and orotidine 5?-monophosphate (OMP). It is used as a starting material for the potential commercial bioproduction of uridine 5?-monophosphate (UMP) by microbes such as Corynebacterium ammoniagenes (ATCC 6872) or Saccharomyces cerevisiae. It may be used to study the AMPK/SREBP-1 dependent cell signaling pathway and transcription regulation mechanisms that induce hepatic lipogenesis.
Eun-Jeong Jung; Sung-Won Kwon; Byung-Hwa Jung; Seon-Hee Oh; Byung-Hoon Lee. Role of the AMPK/SREBP-1 pathway in the development of orotic acid-induced fatty liver. Journal of Lipid Research. 2011, 52,(9), 1617-1625.
Xing Wang; Xiuwen Wang; Mengxin Yin; Zijun Xiao; Cuiqing Ma; Zhixin Lin; Peng George Wang; Ping Xu. Production of uridine 5'-monophosphate by Corynebacterium ammoniagenes ATCC 6872 using a statistically improved biocatalytic process. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2007, 76,(2), 321-328.
Hazard Statements: H302-H315-H319-H335
Harmful if swallowed. Causes skin irritation. Causes serious eye irritation. May cause respiratory irritation.
Precautionary Statements: P261-P264b-P270-P271-P280-P301+P312-P302+P352-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P312-P330-P332+P313-P362-P501c
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Rinse mouth. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant