I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
Lithium bis(trifluoromethylsulfonyl)imide is used in the preparation of chiral imidazolium salt through an anion metathesis of the corresponding triflate organic electrolyte-based lithium batteries. It finds application in the preparation of rare-earth Lewis acid catalysts. It is also useful in primary and secondary lithium cells using organic liquid electrolytes and polymer batteries.
Motomatsu, J.; Kodama, H.; Furukawa, T.; Tominaga, Y. Dielectric Relaxation Behavior of a Poly (ethylene carbonate)-Lithium Bis-(trifluoromethanesulfonyl) Imide Electrolyte. Macromol. Chem. Phys. 2015, 216, (15), 1660-1665.
Pehlivan, I. B.; Granqvist, C. G.; Niklasson, G. A. Ion conduction mechanism of nanocomposite polymer electrolytes comprised of polyethyleneimine-lithium bis (trifluoromethylsulfonyl) imide and silica. Electrochim. Acta 2014, 119, 164-168.
Hazard Statements: H301-H311-H314-H373
Toxic if swallowed. Toxic in contact with skin. Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause damage to organs through prolonged or repeated exposure.
Precautionary Statements: P260-P264b-P270-P280-P303+P361+P353-P304+P340-P305+P351+P338-P310-P330-P331-P363-P501c
Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash face, hands and any exposed skin thoroughly after handling Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. IF INHALED: Remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Rinse mouth. Do NOT induce vomiting. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Dispose of contents/ container to an approved waste disposal plant